Recycle. Reuse. ReGirlfriend.
Good things come to those who don't waste
Introducing Recycle. Reuse. ReGirlfriend. our new program that collects old Girlfriend Collective Compressive leggings and upcycles them into new pieces that can be worn again and again... and again.
Only 1% of clothing is recycled worldwide — a lot of the rest is incinerated, downcycled, or tossed into landfills. Gross.
Send us your old Girlfriend and we'll turn it into new Girlfriend, and send you store credit as thanks. We're already used to making new stuff out of old stuff. Now we're making new stuff out of old stuff... out of old stuff.
Why It Matters
The best way to combat textile waste?
Buy only what you need, and recycle what you don't.
How It Works
Buy a shipping label.
Drop your item in the mail.
We recycle it into new Girlfriend gear.
You get $15 toward a future purchase.
- Is the entire legging recyclable?
- Everything that is polyester is fully recycled, from the zipper to the thread. Once your item arrives at the recycling facility, they’re shredded, the polyester is separated from the spandex, and the polyester is recycled into new Girlfriend clothing. There is no way to recycle spandex at this time, but we are always looking for new ways to improve our processes.
- What can I send in?
- Any Girlfriend Collective Compressive piece (Compressive High-Rise and Classic-Rise Leggings, Bike Shorts, Run Shorts, Topanga Bras, Paloma Bras, or Monroe Bras). We are currently working to create a similar system for our LITE fabric, but are unable to accept them at this time.
- What will my old items be recycled into?
- A lot of textile recycling programs “downcycle” old clothes into things like rags or housing insulation. We designed our fabric to be recycled from the beginning, so we’re excited to be recycling your old Girlfriend items into new Girlfriend items with the same quality and buttery soft feel you know and love. Ooh.